The first World Children’s Day is celebrated on 20 November 2017. Across the world children will be taking over key roles in media, politics, business, sport and entertainment to voice their support for millions of their peers who are out of school, victim of violence and abuse, face discrimination and exploitation.
This year, to celebrate this day, UNICEF is working with children and adolescents to champion the rights of children through the theme ‘Children’s Takeover’. We would like to make 20 November World Children’s Day, an annual signature moment “For children, By children” moment all over the world.
We are happy to inform you popular South Indian actor, Ms Trisha Krishnan, has consented to be UNICEF Celebrity Advocate. ‘Children Takeover’ Ms Trisha and want her to be their voice and amplify their issues among the key stakeholders and duty bearers of child rights.
You are cordially invited to the celebration on 20 November 2017 at 10:30 am at the Hotel Crown Plaza (formerly known as Hotel Park Sheraton), 132 TTK Road, Alwarpet, Chennai – 600018.
- Ms Trisha Krishnan, UNICEF Celebrity Advocate
- Job Zachariah, Chief UNICEF State Office for Tamil Nadu & Kerala
- Ms M.P.Nirmala, Chairperson, Tamil Nadu Sate Commisison for Protection of Child Rights
Photo opportunity – Ms Trisha with Children from local NGOS and schools.
For more information, please contact:
- Sugata Roy, Communication Specialist, UNICEF; Tel: 91-9840590916, E-mail: [email protected]
- Riaz K Ahmed, Tel: 91 9841029229, E-mail – [email protected]